Here are Our Tips from Bamboo Garden Yoga to Help You Get the Most Out Of Your Yoga Classes in Delray Beach!
1. Water – Staying hydrated is key to performing your best, whether it be when running a marathon or practicing your downward dog. You should be drinking at least 8 glasses per day. Mix it up by infusing your water with fresh fruit such as strawberries, pineapples, lemons, or oranges!
2. Dress the Part – Being comfortable during your practice is important, especially when doing yoga because of the variety of poses you’ll be doing. Make sure you are wearing comfortable pants or short that allow you to be flexible, and a supportive top. Your clothing should be fitted, but not so tight that it’s constricting.
3. Respect Your Bodies Limits – Don’t push yourself too hard and learn to listen to what your body is telling you. It’s okay if you can’t touch your toes today or you’re not as flexible as your neighbour, stretch yourself to your own personal limit and not beyond that. Remain stable and comfortable in your position.
4. Focus on Breathing – Sometimes we forget to breathe while trying to find our balance, but taking deep long breaths and focusing on the in and out can help you relax and find inner balance. You can also use your breath to stretch further into your poses.
5. Meditate Outside of Yoga – Regular meditation will help your mind and body relax, making you feel overall better. Even if you have 15 minutes during a busy work day, take the time to meditate and let go of built up tension.
6. Find a Studio & Instructor that Complements Your Personal Style – Everyone has a different way of doing yoga, some like to use music, some prefer silence, outdoors, indoors, etc. Finding a class that fits your preferences is important in making regular yoga practice a part of your daily life.